It’s no secret that we love well designed throw pillows and find them to be the perfect accessory to finish off a room or change-up the mood of your space by the season. It has taken us a lot of trial and error to figure out that not all pillow inserts are created equal! Here, we’ve pulled together the perfect guide to help you navigate and determine the right insert fit for your pillow covers.
1. Size does matter
2. Don't forget the fill
3. Last, but certainly not least
So, you’re wondering what our favorites are?
ComfyDown Decorative Pillow Inserts are hands down our go-to and you can buy their high quality inserts on Amazon and have them shipped to you the next day. Amazon Prime for the win!
Pottery Barn and West Elm also carry great down feather inserts, and frequently have sales where you can get a great deal. They also carry some unique sizes that are a perfect fit for our lumbar pillows. Both brands offer only 100% feather fills so we’ve seen that the inserts are a bit softer and may need an extra fluff more often than those with 95% feather and 5% down.
Here is the Everand® buying guide for inserts we recommend with each of our pillows.
- Everand 12x21 SMALL LUMBAR = West Elm Decorative Pillow Insert Down 12x21
- Everand 14x20 MEDIUM LUMBAR = Amazon Comfy Down 14x20 Insert OR Pottery Barn 14x20 Insert
- Everand 16x36 OVERSIZED MEDIUM LUMBAR = Amazon Comfy Down 16x36 Rectangle Pillow Insert or 2 pack Amazon Comfy Down 16x36 Rectangle Pillow Inserts
- Everand 14x36 LARGE LUMBAR = West Elm Decorative Pillow Insert Down 14x36 or Amazon Comfy Down 14x36 Rectangle Pillow Insert
Jenny + Stacey